Saturday, August 14, 2010

Welcome to Greenville...Where have I been?!

Recently I was thinking about Greenville and what my life has been like here. I was born at Greenville General Hospital, which no longer exists, and raised in this ever-changing town. It seems that in the blink of an eye this small town has bloomed into a thriving Metropolis. Being located equally between Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC doesn’t hurt. We are 45 minutes from Asheville, NC and the North Carolina mountains, 3-4 hours from Charleston, SC and the surrounding beaches, and have numerous large lakes, hiking trails, and options for entertainment.

When I reflect on the past few decades, I realize that I’ve taken this town for granted and have not taken advantage of all there is to offer by living in Greenville. In recent years the City of Greenville has taken on annual festivals, seasonal entertainment, and various entertainment possibilities to enjoy throughout the year. Greenville County continues to attract new businesses, new restaurants, and new development opportunities that I have yet to utilize. I have been inspired to get out and experience my hometown by listening to those who have come from far and wide to live here. On numerous occasions I’ve heard new citizens describe the joy they find in living in this town and how they wished they had made the move sooner.
I am a proud Greenvillian and in an attempt to further appreciate my roots, where I come from, and where I choose to make a life I am going to begin my journey through all Greenville has to offer. Please join me as I venture into a world of entertainment, outdoor adventures, dining, and finding the hidden treasures that lie within the biggest hidden treasure- Greenville, SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment